The Common Swings Juvenilia 5 (THE END!)

Oh it's so nearly over, everybody - SO NEARLY OVER!


So... some quick fire "gags" (in the loosest possible term) to start you all off...


And then there's these... god knows where these came from. Actually I liked these more than anything else I discovered in this cache of nonsense - I should try and work out more rubbish like this.


Gong as the Scooby Doo gang! Hilarious? How could it go wrong? What's that you say, by not being funny and having no jokes? Fair point...


Oh this. Sigh. Well this came from my old housemate in Nottingham, Naveen, who once saw a Louis Armstrong video on VH1 and asked why this Louise woman had such a deep voice... long time Browning co-conspirator Mr David Burnage found this quite rightly hilarious and worked his way through sundry variations on mispronouncing louis... and it ended up with this ludicrous thing - Inspector Morse and Sergeant Louis (Armstrong). And so history was not made...


Possibly the best thing from the whole Common Swings 1.0 debacle - my Winker Watson and Molesworth tribute, "Marilyn Manson Minor, Antichrist Superstar of the Remove"


Some more quickfire nonsense, including an attempt to get long running Burnage/ Browning Abbot and Costello at Glastonbury gag down on the page. Didn't work then, doesn't work now...


Technically I don't dislike the Smiths, but neither do I like them very much - mainly because (and there is lots of evidence of me going on about this) my worst bully at school was a vile, reprehensible individual who was also the school's biggest Smiths' fan. I ended up working with Morrisey's sister's best friend for a patch and I think she related this fact back to the man himself which sort of rights that wrong a little. And if it doesn't there's always this....


No defense for this - it's just gibberish really...


And then some recent nonsense to end this on - see? I got better! I did! I did! 


And finally... I discovered this beautiful thing in the Common Swings folder. It's one of two pieces I own by my Mum's Uncle Raymond (who I'm kind of named after) and shows that I have a long, long way to go to get as good as my forefathers...

And so I hope you enjoyed this... if not, it's all over now anyway. Normal stuff - Cosmo stuff! - to come next week....



Comments

Popular Posts